31 December 2010

Letter to Jazz Cafe to book Akron/Family / Futurebirds!

----- Original Message -----
From: "XXXXX XXXXXXX" <visionsofhorus@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:39:47 PM
Subject: Forgive me if this is not protocol...
Can I suggest a band to book at the Jazz Cafe perhaps? I don't know if this is the proper procedure... 
They're called "AKRON/FAMILY", and if that doesn't yield the correct goods, then you can always shoot for another band called "FUTUREBIRDS". 2 quite different styles, but one in the same. GOOD VIBES.
I've been to the Jazz many a time to see Cabinet mostly, and among others, Jackie Greene, Mark Karan, Jam Stampede, etc. and I believe these guys would not only make for a good show, but they would bring such a great crowd... ESPECIALLY Akron/Family.
Okay, enough of my rambling... Thank you for your time, and if you read anything in this email, The Jazz Cafe is one of my favorite venues... Thank you, and ALL involved, right down to the bartenders, for all you do.
-XXXXX XXXXXXX
_____________________


On Dec 30, 2010, at 8:05 PM, tom40fort@XXXXXXX.NET wrote:
Jesse,   Thanks so much for your kind words.   Check out the band hear about them in the past.  I will see what I can do.  You think they would have a good draw at the Jazz Cafe?   Peace Tom Moran
_____________________


From: XXXXX XXXXXXX <visionsofhorus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Forgive me if this is not protocol...
Date: December 31, 2010 10:13:12 AM EST
To: tom40fort@XXXXXXX.NET
First off, Happy New Years Eve, and I really, really appreciate you getting back to me!
I'm sure they would bring a great crowd... 
Akron/Family would bring the deadhead crowd, while futurebirds would bring the cabinet/pappy/jerry-grass crowd. Quasi-country. There's pedal steel and boy is it a heartbreaker!
Was even thinking about it this way:
Akron/Family ENCOURAGES taping and if Mr. Keith Litz. got out there with those schoeps and (crossing fingers) even a Soundboard matrix, everyone is happy. 
I wouldn't miss EITHER show for the world and I'm sure that there are countless others out there that know about them and will come. Akron/Family is partly from Williamsport as well. Both of them have even had write-ups in Relix, while Akron/Family even had a song featured on one of their compilation CDs. (Let me know if you want an uploaded copy of the song-just throwing that out there) It's a smokin' version of Lovelight from over in the UK.
I am not sure about the taping policy of Futurebirds...
Anyway, I can't thank you enough for getting back to me, I would assume you are a very busy individual ESPECIALLY considering the holidays. 
--->I was at the Jazz again last night for the Bog Country Band and to see Pappy. 
Would like to say, if you sit down and/or do not shake your money maker during any of those shows with those musicians involved; any incarnation, you MUST be either A.) a fascist (doesn't even deserve to be capitalized!, or B.) a presidential bodyguard. 
In those comical terms, with my requested bands, you would have the same results as a night like last night: A good time will be had by all, a great environment, and surely the musicians will not forget such a wonderful diamond in the rough. 
ONCE AGAIN, Thank you for carrying Bill Graham's torch, he's smiling down at you. :)
If there is anything I can do in terms of info on the bands or anything, let me know. I have a lot of helpful links.
-Happy New Years Eve,
XXXXX X..


UPDATE:

From: tom40fort@XXXXXXX.net
Subject: Re: Forgive me if this is not protocol...
Date: January 6, 2011 2:59:15 PM EST
To: XXXXX XXXXXXX


Thanks for the info check the calender.  I see what I can do


No comments:

Post a Comment